The focus for this 12th annual edition of Renovate Europe Day is Eyes on the Horizon: Renovating our Buildings to REPower the EU.
This year, the REDay2022 High-Level Conference will be co-hosted by MEP Ciaran Cuffe and held in the European Parliament in Brussels (and livestreamed online) on Thursday 27th of October 2022 (14h00-16h00) followed by an informal reception.
The focus for this 12th annual edition of Renovate Europe Day is Eyes on the Horizon: Renovating our Buildings to REPower the EU. The conference will look at:
Why energy renovation is the sustainable solution to address energy security concerns, tackle climate goals and meet social justice objectives
How the EED and the EPBD can support our REPowerEU and decarbonisation goals, and help roll-out the Winter Preparedness Action Plan
To what extent the implementation of the National Recovery and Resilience Plans and MFF funding is transforming the EU building stock and helping to address bottlenecks such as workforce upskilling to deliver results on the ground.
Confirmed high-level speakers:
- Pre-recorded video address by President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen
- MEP Ciaran Cuffe (Greens/EFA, Ireland), ITRE rapporteur on the EPBD
- MEP Sean Kelly (EPP, Ireland), ITRE shadow rapporteur on the EPBD (video)
- MEP Marcos Ros Sempere (S&D, Spain), ENVI shadow rapporteur on the EPBD opinion (video)
- Oliver Rapf, Executive Director, Buildings Performance Institute Europe, BPIE
- Ralf Goldmann, Head of Division, European Investment Bank
- Louise Sunderland, Senior Advisor, Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP)
- Vilislava Ivanova, Senior Researcher, E3G
- Stanislas Jourdan, Executive Director, Positive Money Europe